The UK’s leading Honda Cadet teams have united in a show of solidarity for the Motorsport UK #RaceWithRespect campaign ahead of this weekend’s Wera Tools British Kart Championships round at PF International [6-8 May].
Following a meeting at the circuit which hosts the opening round of the Honda Cadet’s 2022 season, CHDD, Passion Motorsport, Synergy Racing Developments, SFR Motorsport and Zip Kart have come together to champion the message of the campaign, which is designed to improve the racing environment for everyone involved in the sport.
By agreeing to be part of a motorsport event in the UK, you are agreeing to follow the core values of the Governing Body’s respect code:
- Fair Play
- Good Manners
All teams pledged to #RaceWithRespect and:
- Contribute to a welcoming and friendly environment that ensures the safety and welfare of all participants
- Always behave with integrity and uphold fairness in the sport; play your part in keeping the sport safe through your actions
- Treat everyone with respect, regardless of their gender, ethics or social background, language, religious or other beliefs, disability, sexual identity or other status
- Recognise that we all represent the sport and therefore have a duty to be polite and respectful to all staff, officials, competitors, volunteers, as well as fans and supporters
- Respect the rules, regulations and authority of the officials and Motorsport UK.
Dan Parker, Motorsport UK Karting Manager said “The Honda Cadet class offers some of the most competitive racing in the UK. So to have the support of all the teams involved in the class is vital for us to ensure that the category remains as one of the most popular classes in the country.”
“The code encourages a positive environment both on and off the track and of course, these values apply to everyone involved in not only the British Kart Championships but motorsport in general”.